For many healthcare professionals, HIPAA can be incredibly complex – the regulations surrounding HIPAA are always evolving, and it’s not easy to keep up with them; but here’s the thing: you simply need to keep up with HIPAA regulations to avoid non-compliance.
HIPAA violations happen all the time – and fines range from $100 to $50,000 per violation, including additional fines in the event of a preventable violation.
Are you leaving yourself open to a costly violation that will leave you riddled in debt due to penalties and fines?
You simply cannot afford to leave yourself open to a costly violation – otherwise, you’re likely going to end up riddled in debt due to hefty penalties and fines. As a healthcare provider/covered entity, it’s absolutely vital for you to ensure the proper precautions are in place:
- Appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to maintain confidentiality of electronic protected health information.
- A data backup solution, business continuity plan, and an emergency mode operation plan.
When it comes to HIPAA compliance, it’s more important than ever before to ensure your IT company is helping you maintain the confidentiality of your electronic protected health information via physical, technical, and administrative safeguards – all while ensuring you’re able to keep operating if disaster strikes.
How can you prevent becoming yet another one of the many covered entities that aren’t compliant with HIPAA? Here’s a few tips:
- Limit physical access to electronic information systems, as well as the facilities storing those systems.
- Encrypt all electronic protected health information stored on systems to prevent unauthorized access.
- Implement audit controls to record activity involving the storage/maintenance of electronic protected health information.
This is just the beginning. You need an IT company that specializes in helping you prevent non-compliance and the hefty fines and penalties associated with non-compliance. Contact Tier One Technology Partners at (443) 589- or send us an email: email@example.com for more information.